It’s cold and flu season and next to getting a flu shot (speak to your doctor for that), there are several ways you can prevent the spread of germs at home and keep your strength up to fight off bugs. Here’s how:
- Keep your immune system healthy by getting at least eight hours of sleep per night, if possible.
- Wash your hands often or use hand sanitizer when you can’t.
- Swap your toothbrush for a new one every three months.
- Routinely replace hand towels and face cloths every couple days.
- Be sure to clean surfaces that everyone in the family touches, including the phone, computer keys and door handles.