The cleaning experts at MOLLY MAID have learned a lot about green cleaning a home – and detoxing it as they go with green cleaning products and methods.
Detoxing the body is also a healthy goal these days, and there are many ways you can do that in your day-to-day life (you don’t have to go to a detox centre!)
While anyone with special health concerns should talk to their doctor, here are five ways to help naturally detox the body.
1. Eat naturally detoxifying foods: Certain foods are natural cleansers, and these are the foods you want to incorporate into your diet every day. Delicious examples are blueberries, ginger, garlic, broccoli, spinach, cabbage, and sprouts. Drinking lots of water helps too.
2. Read food labels: Have you ever picked up an item when you’re grocery shopping, looked at the label and wondered, “What in the world is THAT”? MOLLY MAID professionals steer clear of products that contain multiple ingredients and ingredients that they are unfamiliar with or can’t even pronounce! Talk to a registered dietitian or nutritionist for more information.
3. Nix the microwave: When it comes to microwaving food in plastic containers or covered with plastic wrap be sure that these products are labeled microwave safe. Alternatively you can do what MOLLY MAID professionals do – don’t use it in the microwave at all. Keep in mind also that some reports show that the microwave alters the structure of food – and that may potentially render it harmful to your body.
4. Move your body every day: Brisk walking or cycling are fun ways to get active. The important thing is that you are active in some way regularly. Canadian Physical Activity Guidelines say that adults need 150 minutes of moderate to vigorous intensity aerobic activity every week (you can accumulate it in bouts of 10 minutes or more). It’s important to stretch too… and Tai chi and yoga are great low impact activities that stretch your body and help to relax your mind too.
5. Get massages: A massage is a wonderful way to relax your mind and body. While it can relieve sore muscles (clenched from working at the computer or driving in rush hour traffic), it also improves circulation and leaves you with a feeling of calm.