Want to clean your car like a pro? Here are a few guidelines to follow.
- While a pressure wash is okay once in a while, the pros recommend a regular hand wash.
- Start by parking your car in a shaded area out of the sun, or wash your car on an overcast day. Direct sunlight can cause water and soap to dry quickly, resulting in streaking.
- Start by thoroughly rinsing your car with water, starting at the top of your car and making your way down. This will help remove any dirt and debris before cleaning. Pay special attention to the wheels as this is where most of the dirt accumulates.
- Once the car has been rinsed, mix a solution of water and car soap in a bucket. Using a microfibre cloth, clean the exterior of the vehicle, starting at the top and making your way down. Use a different microfibre cloth to clean the rims and tires of your car. Microfibre cloths are perfect for cleaning as they actually attract and pick up dust and dirt particles rather than moving them across the surface of your vehicle. Never use cleaning products, such as dish soap, to clean your vehicle as this can affect the finish on your vehicle. Car soap helps protect paint from drying out or stripping.
- Once you have cleaned the exterior, rinse the car off using the same method as previously mentioned. Use a few dry microfibre cloths to buff the exterior of your vehicle.