Before winter arrives, it’s important to ensure that your furnace is ready for the cold months ahead. Contact your local maintenance professional to schedule a standard inspection to make sure everything is working correctly. In order to keep your furnace operating efficiently after inspection, the professional residential cleaning experts at MOLLY MAID suggest these helpful tips:
- Inspect the filter in your furnace after 30 days of operation. This will help you determine whether or not your filter should be changed.
- Always have an abundant supply of filters. This will make it easier for you to change your filter right when you think about it. Otherwise, the task may be forgotten.
- Remove any items that are stored near the furnace, particularly anything that is flammable.
- Remove any household items that are sitting on top of or in front of the heating outlets or the return vents of your furnace.
- Always have a carbon monoxide detector in your home, which can be found at your local hardware store.