If you’re dreaming of a green Christmas, why not plan a few craft days and make your own holiday decorations with your family.
Homemade decorations are perfect to use to decorate gifts, display around the house, or hang on the tree… and making them together is a wonderful way to celebrate the season and make the holiday a little greener.
Your little ones can help with these but always supervise kids of all ages especially when the oven is involved. (The expert house cleaners at MOLLY MAID also recommend cleaning up the craft table when you’re finished to avoid spills, stains and other problems.)
Day 1 – PAPER BAUBLE
What You Need:
- 4, 1 cm x 40 cm strips of gold paper or decorative paper
- brass fasteners (Bradley clips)
- gold string or wire
- hand-held hole puncher
How To Make It:
- Punch a hole in the centre of each strip of paper.
- Punch a hole at both ends, 1cm from each edge.
- Position a brass fastener so that the prongs are facing upwards.
- Insert each of the 4 strips onto the fastener through the middle hole. Lay the strips evenly in a star shape.
- Gather the ends toward the fastened centre, overlapping them and repeating until all strips are gathered and each punched hole lines up. Insert the brass fastener through the holes and close it. Tie either a piece of gold string or gold wire to the fastener.
Watch for tomorrow’s post on how to make Button Trees!