Bake for Summer’s Long Weekend Celebrations Without Turning on the Stove
On a hot summer day, the last thing most of us want to do is turn on the stove to bake a child’s birthday cake, cupcakes for a baby shower, or our in constant-demand cheesecake for a family potluck. But the celebrations, even if socially-distanced this year, will go on. We’ve rounded up 5 no-bake cakes and a tart that will dazzle the crowd and clean up with little effort.
- Of all the no-bake recipes we researched, this decadent cake wins our hearts and stomachs: Eton Mess Cheesecake. Wondering where this cake got its name? Us too. The story goes that at Eton College’s annual cricket game a dessert had been prepared with meringue, cream and strawberries, similar to a pavlova. Unfortunately the extravagant sweet dish was accidentally dropped on the floor. Instead of wasting the food the cooks scooped up the meringue, cream and strawberries off the floor and served as is, and called it Eton Mess.
- This chocolate no-bake cake can be made kid-friendly by leaving out the 2 teaspoons of espresso: No Bake Chocolate Cake
- This no-bake cheesecake is perfect for kids of all ages: Rainbow No-Bake Cheesecake
- This no-bake tart is delicious, packed with dates, and dairy-free: No-Bake Vegan Tart
- Don’t really like cakes or tarts? Then try these truffles: No-Bake Nutella Truffles.