Canadians have come to love Black Friday as much as our neighbours to the south. But, a lot goes into finding the best deals, so we’ve pulled together 8 tips to help you navigate the sales.
8 Surefire Black Friday Survival Tips
Originally an American sales extravaganza, Black Friday has become the busiest shopping day of the holiday season for Canadian retailers. According to Moneris, Canada’s largest provider of mobile, online and in-store payments, last year it even overtook the Friday before Christmas for most retail sales. The savings are that good!
If you plan to shop Black Friday this year, think ahead. Having a strategy can help you navigate the sales to find the best deal!! Vanessa Anderson from the MOLLY MAID team in Oakville is a seasoned Black Friday shopper, as well as a cleaning expert, and she has 8 survival tips for any newbies!
- Set your budget and stick to it!
- Do some research to find the best deals.
- Opt for online shopping to avoid crowds.
- Bookmark pages ahead of time for quick and efficient shopping.
- Be ready to wait – crowds in-store and online can make the process slower.
- Download apps to help you save more (like Rakuten & Shop Savvy).
- Avoid impulse purchases – even sale items can leave you with buyer’s remorse.
- Beware of final sale items.
When Is It?
Black Friday is the day following the US Thanksgiving holiday (the fourth Friday in November). So, this year it’s Friday, November 25. And, don’t forget Cyber Monday, an extension of the Black Friday sales. Launched back in 2005, the goal of Cyber Monday was to encourage people to shop online (which, of course, needs no encouragement today).