- Empty coffee container: Put toilet paper into an empty coffee container to keep it dry.
- Foam floor tiles: Bring a dozen or so and use them to create a comfortable floor in your tent.
- Microfibre towels: Invest in microfibre towels when camping. Not only are they less bulky, but they are also very absorbent and quick drying.
- Tick deterrent: Combine 1 part tea tree oil and 2 parts water in a spray bottle to make a tick deterrent spray. Spray it on your footwear and pants to protect yourself when walking in long grass.
- Sage advice: Add a bundle of sage to your campfire to help keep the mosquitoes away.
- Baby powder sand blaster: After a day at the beach, sprinkle your feet with baby powder to soak up any excess moisture and make it easier to remove sand from your feet before walking into the tent.
- Odour eater: When packing up the tent, pour a little cat litter into an old sock and tie the end. Store it inside the tent or bag to keep it smelling fresh.
You may also like these great tips
Canadian Cures for Cabin Fever
Going to work, school, the gym, the mall or out for a coffee with friends has been put on hold indefinitely as we responsibly social distance ourselves from others. It’s not just our daily routines that have been turned upside down, it’s our freedom to come and go that we’re learning to redefine. So it’s […]
Household Chores to Help Your Child Grow
At some point, every parent wonders how old kids should be in order to start assigning weekly chores. Truth is, there is no magic number because kids mature at different rates. What might be appropriate for one child may be too much for another. What we know for sure is that helping out around the […]
How to Safely Store Cleaning Supplies
If you’re like most people, your stash of cleaning supplies is probably beneath the kitchen sink. But sometimes you probably wonder if that’s the best place to keep them, right? The answer is that it’s handy to keep some of them there, but not the place for all of them. Consider the following guidelines, especially […]