- Empty coffee container: Put toilet paper into an empty coffee container to keep it dry.
- Foam floor tiles: Bring a dozen or so and use them to create a comfortable floor in your tent.
- Microfibre towels: Invest in microfibre towels when camping. Not only are they less bulky, but they are also very absorbent and quick drying.
- Tick deterrent: Combine 1 part tea tree oil and 2 parts water in a spray bottle to make a tick deterrent spray. Spray it on your footwear and pants to protect yourself when walking in long grass.
- Sage advice: Add a bundle of sage to your campfire to help keep the mosquitoes away.
- Baby powder sand blaster: After a day at the beach, sprinkle your feet with baby powder to soak up any excess moisture and make it easier to remove sand from your feet before walking into the tent.
- Odour eater: When packing up the tent, pour a little cat litter into an old sock and tie the end. Store it inside the tent or bag to keep it smelling fresh.
You may also like these great tips
Let the Snow Put the Fun into Your Family Day
Family Day is celebrated on the second or third Monday of February (depending on the province). First launched in Alberta in 1990, and now celebrated in most provinces across the country, there are endless family festivals and organized events to mark the day. Outdoor activities top our list and we’ve compiled our favourite outdoor winter […]
Road Salt Can Create a Slippery Slope
It’s so important for everyone’s safety to salt sidewalks, stairs and driveways in the winter. But sadly, the overuse of road salt has become a critical threat to our freshwater and wildlife. Road salt contains chloride, which is toxic to the environment. While it melts slippery ice conditions, the runoff seeps into the soil, flows […]
Time to Learn the Fitted Sheet Tag Hack!
Fitted sheets, while an ingenious invention, can cause even the most patient person to become frustrated in minutes. Especially if the bed you’re trying to make is a daybed or a bed pushed up against a wall. Often times you get one corner in place only to find it doesn’t fit because you’ve put it […]