- Empty coffee container: Put toilet paper into an empty coffee container to keep it dry.
- Foam floor tiles: Bring a dozen or so and use them to create a comfortable floor in your tent.
- Microfibre towels: Invest in microfibre towels when camping. Not only are they less bulky, but they are also very absorbent and quick drying.
- Tick deterrent: Combine 1 part tea tree oil and 2 parts water in a spray bottle to make a tick deterrent spray. Spray it on your footwear and pants to protect yourself when walking in long grass.
- Sage advice: Add a bundle of sage to your campfire to help keep the mosquitoes away.
- Baby powder sand blaster: After a day at the beach, sprinkle your feet with baby powder to soak up any excess moisture and make it easier to remove sand from your feet before walking into the tent.
- Odour eater: When packing up the tent, pour a little cat litter into an old sock and tie the end. Store it inside the tent or bag to keep it smelling fresh.
You may also like these great tips
A Simple Guide to Cleaning Your Winter Jacket
A Simple Guide to Cleaning Your Winter Jacket October is the perfect time of year to pull winter coats from storage to get them clean, and to ensure that zippers, clasps and hoods are winter ready. Inspect each one carefully for any wear and tear that might need mending. Once they’re mended, the cleaning experts […]
Halloween 2020: Start New Traditions
Halloween 2020: Start New Traditions Halloween candy and costumes are already stocked on shelves at grocery stores, but whether or not kids will be allowed to trick or treat is still unknown. Will Halloween be cancelled?! It all depends on the daily numbers and the dreaded second wave. So, hope for the best and […]
5 Thanksgiving Centrepieces With Modern-Day Twists
5 Thanksgiving Centrepieces With Modern-Day Twists Although your Thanksgiving guest lists will be shorter this year, it doesn’t have to be less of a celebration. Pull out your cookbooks and bake all your family’s favourites. Crisp clean linens make a splash, as does a beautiful centrepiece. This year, break away from the traditional cornucopia […]