You Need to Know These Cleaning Basics
While some household chores are pretty straightforward, taking stock of a few cleaning basics is helpful for everyone. Whether the cleaning tip is passed down from a wise relative or gleaned from a new post on TikTok, there are a few that can help you get the job done quicker and much more effectively.
- Microfibre cloths are more effective than rags or sponges. Use them on your car, stainless steel, in the kitchen and the bathroom for streak-free cleaning.
- Keeping a handy dish soap dispensing wand in the shower to quickly clean the shower after every use will keep mildew from growing.
- Never throw away an old toothbrush! They can be repurposed as the perfect mini scrubber for hard-to-reach spaces . Here are 40 other ways to re-purpose a toothbrush.
- Unclog your drain by alternating vinegar, baking soda, and boiling water to avoid clogs and keep pipes clean
- Keep baseboards dust-free with a dryer sheet. All it takes is a quick wipe!
- Clean up a messy microwave in minutes with ½ a cup of water and a tablespoon of lemon juice. Simply add ingredients to a bowl, heat the solution for 3 minutes, then wipe away grease and grime with ease.
- Pet hair can accumulate quickly on the couch, carpet or even on your bed. The solution? A window squeegee or pair of rubber dishwashing gloves.
- Use a lint roller to remove pollen, cobwebs and dust from window screens quickly and effectively with little effort.
- Hang brooms and mops on a hook or a wall organizer instead of leaning them in the corner of a cupboard. This will keep broom bristles from damage and mops free of mildew.
Photo by: Karolina Gravowska at pexels