- Clean up the dishes: Never leave dirty dishes in the sink. Wash dishes in a mix of warm water and dish soap, or give them a thorough rinse before putting them into the dishwasher. If the dishwasher is full, run it on a normal cycle once everyone has gone to bed.
- Put out a fresh kitchen dish cloths: People often forget to change and wash their kitchen dish cloths on a regular basis. Kitchen dish cloths often become contaminated with bacteria due to cross contamination of food in your kitchen. To eliminate bacteria, place your dirty dish cloths into a pot of boiling water. Boil dish cloths for 15 minutes to remove any mold, mildew and bacteria. Once cooled, remove the dish cloths from the pot and launder as normal.
- Organize the front hallway: Tidy shoes, hang up coats, put away items left in the front hallway and sweep daily to keep the front hallway clean. This will help prevent dirt and dust from being tracked throughout the rest of your home.
- Wipe the bathroom sink: After you brush your teeth, give the sink a quick wipe with a damp microfibre cloth.
- Put away your clothes: We know that it is easier to just toss your clothes into a pile as you get ready for bed. Take the time to put your dirty clothes in the hamper and fold or hang any clean clothes to free up floor space, and discourage dust bunnies in your bedroom.
You may also like these great tips
How to Clean Wallpaper
Printed wallpaper remains high on most design agendas for 2020. Botanical designs, metallic twists on geometric patterns, retro art deco, and subtle colour gradients are among the top picks. Wallpaper isn’t just for the bedroom and living room anymore! These days, bathrooms and ceilings are getting papered too. With so many options to inspire you, […]
How to Remove Limescale from an Electric Kettle
A steaming cup of tea makes most things in life a bit sweeter. With its soothing fragrance, great taste, and the ability to spread warmth from head-to-toe, it’s an essential winter comfort. In fact, tea can be your first line of defence against a deluge of cold symptoms. And if you’re just suffering from a […]
Brilliant Gadgets to Update Your Cleaning Routine – Part 1
Some cleaning tasks are more challenging than others, and they require a very specific cleaning tool to get the job done. Over the years we’ve been faced with all manner of near-impossible cleaning challenges, and we’ve managed to get by with DIY solutions. But sometimes nothing has been able to beat a brilliant gadget. Here […]