- Clean up the dishes: Never leave dirty dishes in the sink. Wash dishes in a mix of warm water and dish soap, or give them a thorough rinse before putting them into the dishwasher. If the dishwasher is full, run it on a normal cycle once everyone has gone to bed.
- Put out a fresh kitchen dish cloths: People often forget to change and wash their kitchen dish cloths on a regular basis. Kitchen dish cloths often become contaminated with bacteria due to cross contamination of food in your kitchen. To eliminate bacteria, place your dirty dish cloths into a pot of boiling water. Boil dish cloths for 15 minutes to remove any mold, mildew and bacteria. Once cooled, remove the dish cloths from the pot and launder as normal.
- Organize the front hallway: Tidy shoes, hang up coats, put away items left in the front hallway and sweep daily to keep the front hallway clean. This will help prevent dirt and dust from being tracked throughout the rest of your home.
- Wipe the bathroom sink: After you brush your teeth, give the sink a quick wipe with a damp microfibre cloth.
- Put away your clothes: We know that it is easier to just toss your clothes into a pile as you get ready for bed. Take the time to put your dirty clothes in the hamper and fold or hang any clean clothes to free up floor space, and discourage dust bunnies in your bedroom.
You may also like these great tips
Maintain a Picture-Perfect Porch
Maintain a Picture-Perfect Porch Once the warm weather arrives, a front porch can increase your living space by several square feet. All you need is a comfortable chair or two, or if you have the space, an iconic porch swing allows you to enjoy an early morning cup of coffee or a cool glass […]
How to Clean Your Driveway Without Using a Power Washer
How to Clean Your Driveway Without Using a Power Washer Curb appeal is much more than a manicured lawn and some beautiful landscaping. It extends to a well-maintained driveway to provide a great first impression of your home. In fact, if looking to sell, it can even increase property value. Yes, tire marks, oil […]
Sidewalk Chalk: So Joyful, So Easy to Clean!
Sidewalk Chalk: So Joyful, So Easy to Clean! Looking for a family-friendly, low-mess, and inexpensive summer activity? Think chalk art! Getting creative with sidewalk chalk is fun for kids young and old, all you need is a bit of sidewalk, interlocking bricks or playground space. Popular designs include flowers, rainbows, butterflies, smiley faces and hopscotch […]