We bought a waffle maker for my husband on Father’s Day. It’s been used every weekend since. Any tips for keeping it clean? You asked, and we answered! It’s easy with a few tips from MOLLY MAID Canada.
Gadgets like a waffle iron can transform breakfast from the ordinary to the extraordinary – until it’s time to clean up. Where do you start? Stuck-on food and grease can be stubborn to remove and if you don’t clean every nook and cranny (and there are a lot in a waffle iron), it can interfere with the cooking and releasing of your next batch. Keep homemade waffles on the menu and your waffle maker clean with help from MOLLY MAID.
What You’ll Need:
- Paper towels
- Microfibre cloth
- Dish soap
- Baking soda
How to Get the Job Done!
- Unplug your waffle iron and let it cool completely.
- Using a dry paper towel, sop up any excess oil. A quick tip, folding your paper towel and fitting the edges into the lines of the grid helps to reach any oil that’s collected there.
- Remove loose crumbs with a dry paper towel or an old toothbrush. Do not use abrasive tools, as they’ll damage the nonstick surface of your waffle iron plates.
- Apply a small amount of dish soap to a damp microfibre cloth. Wipe down the inside of your waffle iron.
- If you find any burnt-on food or stubborn oil spots, make a paste of baking soda and water. Apply the paste and let it sit for a couple of hours giving it time to soak in and lift the stain.
- Wipe the paste off your waffle iron grates with a clean, damp microfibre cloth. Rinse and repeat until all of the baking soda residues are removed.
- We’re almost there! Using a toothpick, trace it along the small crack to remove any persistent waffle batter. Another wipe with your microfibre cloth should do it. We just don’t want any residual baking soda paste left behind.
- Dry the grates with a clean (and dry) microfibre cloth and your waffle iron is clean.
- And, don’t forget the outside of the waffle iron. Give it a good wipe-down before putting it away.
Photo by Pietro De Grandi Digital on Unsplash