Whether it’s a bouquet of tissue paper flowers, a little hand print on a red paper heart or a year’s supply of coupons for hugs and kisses, kid-made Valentine’s Day gifts are cherished keepsakes. This year, turn the table on your kids and make something extra special for them! Sugar-free but just as sweet, say “I love you” with some DIY alphabet crayon melts. You can spell out their name, the full alphabet or I Love You, for a gift guaranteed to provide hours of fun. No need to rush out and buy new crayons, simply gather all the stubby and broken crayons scattered around the house!
How to Make Alphabet Crayon Melts in 7 Simple Steps:
- Peel wrappers off crayons and break them into little pieces to make melting easier (dividing them into like colours).
- Place crayon bits into a microwave-safe container, with an inch of water. Being sure to separate colours as you go.
- Heat on high in bursts of 30 seconds until crayon bits have melted.
- Lay your alphabet candy molds onto wax paper, and using a spoon carefully fill each mold with melted wax.
- Scrape a spatula across the top of the mold to remove excess melted wax.
- Let cool.
- Pop your new alphabet crayon melts out of the mold and compose your message!
PRO TIP: If the kids decide to extend their masterpiece onto the wall, stay calm and reach for an old toothbrush. Add a bit of non-gel toothpaste or some shaving cream (brands that are infused with baking soda work best) to the toothbrush and scrub away the crayon marks. Wipe the surface with a damp microfibre cloth and buff dry.
Want to spend more time with your kids, and less time cleaning? Reach out to your local MOLLY MAID for an in-home estimate! We offer a 100% Guarantee of Service because we know you’ll enjoy the premium quality of our cleaning. Whether you’re looking for ongoing or one-time cleaning, we offer flexible and customized maid service at an affordable price.