With people wandering in and out of the house all summer, it's easy for floors and carpets to become very dusty.
The home service professionals at MOLLY MAID provide these tips to help avoid that from happening:
- Make it a rule that everyone removes their shoes at the entrance of your home to avoid tracking in dirt, dust, pollens, etc.
- Keep dust mats at all doors and ask everyone to use them. Shake out mats regularly.
- If your family likes to go barefoot in the garden, leave a hose set up and ask everyone to hose and/or wipe their feet before they come inside.
- Pets in the house? They also need to be brushed out after a romp to the park.
- Use a vacuum with a HEPA filter on carpets a few times a week.
- Instead of sweeping non-carpeted floors (which tends to kick up dust into the air), use a damp mop. It's a better way to reduce dust.
- Keep windows and doors closed and control indoor humidity by using air conditioning and/or a dehumidifier.