Molly Maid’s Top 5 New Year Cleaning Resolutions
There’s a lot of pressure when it comes to New Year Resolutions. Promises to eat better, exercise regularly and get more sleep are noble, but we don’t stick to them for long. This year, aim higher, we guarantee a few cleaning resolutions will be more likely to succeed, and in a roundabout way still impact a healthier lifestyle.
Set yourself up for success by getting organized. Make a plan. Layout your household management objectives. Find a flow and enlist help. If you live alone, this may be tough. But for those who live with others, set goals for each member of your family. Keep in mind, the tasks don’t have to be new and exciting. Chores are by nature quite routine. Start with the basics:
- Opening and sorting the mail on the day you receive it to reduce clutter
- Tidying the kitchen after every meal, putting items in the dishwasher and cleaning up any items that need hand-washing
- Putting a grocery list on the refrigerator door to ensure a once-a-week trip picks up everyone’s needs
- Making the bed before leaving the house – every single day
- Folding and putting away laundry as it comes out of the dryer, instead of letting it sit in a basket for days
- Making a chore chart that requires each member of the family to check off items every week
Accomplishing these goals will drastically improve the look and feel of your home. Once you build the habit the trickle effect will kick in. Good luck!