Tips to Keep Your Bathroom Smelling Fresh
Of all the rooms in our home, the bathroom is where we want it to smell the freshest. It’s also the toughest room to keep and maintain a pleasant scent. Keeping it clean, of course, is the first line of defence. But, it’s the days in between your regular cleaning routine that are of concern. So, with or without your trendy poo-pourri spray, here are some ingenious ways to keep your bathroom smelling clean and fresh this summer.
- Add a little Pine-Sol® to your toilet brush holder and it will emit the clean, fresh scent of pine into your bathroom while keeping your toilet brush clean.
- Not a fan of the forest? Try adding some of your favourite eco-friendly liquid fabric softener to the water reserve tank. Each flush will fill the room with fragrance.
- Sprinkle a few drops of your favourite essential oil on a cotton ball and drop it in the garbage bin.
- Opening a window or skylight to let fresh air in is the best way to keep your bathroom naturally fresh. It also helps to leave the bathroom door open to circulate stale air.
- Hang fresh mint or eucalyptus from the showerhead. Not only fragrant but a fresh burst of colour too.
- Keep towels dry by hanging them on hooks or a towel rod. Wet towels, especially those on the floors will quickly develop mold and mildew.
- If storing towels in the bathroom, keep them dry and place a dryer sheet between them to maintain freshness.
- Shower mats can also accumulate the stale stench of mildew. Wash mats regularly or sprinkle with baking soda, to soak up bad odours before shaking outdoors.
Believe it or not, the underside of the toilet lid is a place people forget to clean regularly. A quick wipe is not sufficient. Screw off the lid and give it a good clean at least every three months.
Image by coroparisienne from Pixabay