Molly Maid’s Deep Cleaning Challenge, Part 1
If the deep freeze outdoors has you hiding indoors, why not get a jumpstart on your spring cleaning? With our tactical cleaning guide, we can help you get the job done as quickly as possible. Think minimal stress and more time to spend on things you enjoy! The Molly Maid Deep Cleaning Challenge tackles 3 rooms in a single day – from start to finish! Think you’re up to it? Let’s start in the bedroom.
What Needs to be Laundered?
- Pull bedding off the mattress and box spring, including bed skirt.
- Take it all to the laundry room and start a load. If you have dry-clean-only items, or a bedspread too large for your washer, set aside for the dry cleaners.
Back in the Bedroom…
- Attach your upholstery tool to the vacuum.
- Vacuum all sides of the mattress, focus on getting the dust in crevices between the mattress and bed frame.
- Rotate mattress 180 degrees to prevent unnecessary wear and tear on your mattress.
- If you have an older mattress that requires flipping, enlist a helper and do so carefully to avoid back pain.
- Sprinkle baking soda on top of the mattress and leave for 30 minutes before vacuuming. It’s a natural deodorizer and relatively mild, which means you can use it on fabrics safely without fear of damage.
- Dust nightstands and furniture with a damp microfibre cloth.
- Vacuum carpet or sweep and mop floors with an appropriate product.
- Remake the bed with freshly laundered linens.
- Step back and admire your work!
Stay tuned! Over the next few weeks, we’ll share more tips on how to deep clean 3 rooms in a single day – for a headstart on spring cleaning.
Photo by Annie Spratt on Unsplash