Hiring a cleaning company to tackle your home’s mess can be a game-changer, especially when you’re getting your home ready for the holiday season. But sometimes our budgets seem too tight for what seems like a luxury service. With some simple financial strategies, you can save money and make it possible to afford this wonderful service. Here’s ten ways to achieve that goal:
- Redo Your Budget: Review your monthly budget in order to identify areas where you can cut back. Dining out less and canceling unnecessary subscriptions are easy to do.
- Save Money on Groceries: There’s a lot of great apps that help you find the best deals on groceries and toiletries. We love Reebee!
- Set Clear Goals: Determine how much you need to afford a monthly cleaning service and set specific savings goals. This will help you stay focused and motivated. It’s essential to distinguish this fund from other savings accounts.
- Automate Savings: Make saving for your cleaning service a habit by setting up automatic transfers to a separate savings account. This way, you won’t be tempted to spend the money on other things. You’ll see your fund grow steadily over time.
- DIY Cleaning: In the meantime, reduce the need for professional cleaning by adopting some DIY cleaning habits. Regularly tidying up, decluttering, and maintaining cleanliness will prolong the time between professional cleanings, saving you money.
- Make Coffee at Home: Two dollars here, five dollars there, coffee shop pleasures can add up over the course of a month. Instead of a daily habit, cut down to once a week.
- Save on Gas: Walking is good for our wallets and our waistlines. One tank of gas could be the cost of one monthly Molly Maid clean!
- BYOB: Instead of going out to dinner with friends, invite them to your house where the cost of a bottle of wine won’t be doubled, or tripled!
- Break Up with Bank Fees: These days, lots of the big banks offer no monthly and no service fee accounts. You could be saving hundreds and hundreds of dollars!
- Shop the Library: Did you know that daily newspapers, new magazines, new books, art gallery passes, musical instrument loans, courses, and career coaching are all free, through the Toronto Public Library? You could save thousands and thousands a year!
Hiring a cleaning company can help reduce stress and improve your overall well-being. Molly Maid is here to help!